Monday Club Protocol for COVID-19 Outbreak
Greetings Brothers I hope this letter finds you and your family well during this trying time for our community and country. At this point in time the Monday Club has one goal to keep our members, families and friends as safe as possible. Listed below you find a few simple tips and pointers that we can all use to keep everyone safe and healthy.
What is the coronavirus: Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a new strain that was discovered in 2019 and has not been previously identified in humans.
Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, thoroughly cooking meat and eggs. Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
The coronavirus can effect different people in many different ways. The illness can range from feelings of the common cold to complete respiratory failure. Those at highest risk are folks over the age of 65 or have chronic health conditions such as: Heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and chronic lung diseases.
Most people infected with the virus will never realize that they are sick that’s why prevention and universal precautions are so important. First line of defense is hand washing with soap and water. Hand sanitizer should only be used if soap and water are not available.
Keeping The Monday Club Safe
1. If you are sick stay home
2. When entering the club take 20 seconds and wash your hands with soap and water.
3. When leaving the club take another 20 seconds and wash your hands.
4. Instead of shaking hands lets go to the elbow bump or fist pounds.
5. At anytime during your visit to the Monday Club feel free to again wash your hands (get the picture clean hands are important 😊).
6. If you have traveled recently or have been exposed to someone who is sick, before coming to the Monday Club take a few days to see if you begin to experience any signs or symptoms of illness.
7. Most important rule lets enjoy the club and brotherhood just was your hands 1st 😊